Tuesday, January 15, 2013

PS - the Honor Code

Before taking each quiz we had to check a box confirming we were who we said we were and that we weren't cheating.  I should have copied it exactly.  As far as I could tell we could use notes on the quizzes (or else I should return my certificate), so I suppose this checkbox was just for identity and that I didn't have someone feed me the answers.

The disclosures on my certificate were extensive, Johns Hopkins (home for Dr. Caffo) wanted to make sure everyone knew I was not a student there and that they could not verify that I was me.  I know other MOOCs are offering testing sites for identity verification.  This is certainly one hurdle that must be overcome.  It also makes MOOCs seem more like SATs or APs to me.  I still believe that a college course should be more than passing the final at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment